If you are involved in an accident that occurred because another driver was drowsy, you need to enlist the help of Bryan Caulfield in Clearwater, Florida.
Numerous sleep studies indicate that an adult requires a minimum of seven hours sleep each night. According to recent reports, sleep deprived drivers cause approximately 56,000 car accidents resulting in at least 1,550 deaths, and 40,000 injuries per year. This is a staggering number when you consider that these deaths and injuries could easily be prevented if drivers took their responsibility of getting behind the wheel of a 3,000-pound vehicle seriously.
Highest Risk of Drowsy Driving
Individuals at the greatest risk for drowsy driving include:
- First time, and/or parents of newborns
- Drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Younger men ages 16 to 29
- Individuals with various sleep disorders that may cause them to fall asleep without warning
- Individuals working various shifts without consistent and regular sleep patterns
- Individuals driving for lengthy times without taking proper breaks
If you are driving, and experience the following symptoms, you are placing yourself and those around you at great risk for serious injury or death:
- Consistent yawning
- Wandering and disconnected thought patterns
- Closing your eyes, and inability to focus on headlights
- Dozing at the wheel and jerking awake with inability to remember dozing off
- Drifting to the side of the road with grid marks or other road shoulder noises jolting you awake
Clearwater, Florida Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been seriously injured, or lost a loved one in a Clearwater, FL car accident due to the negligent or careless driving of someone else, contact Bryan Caulfield. He has successfully litigated hundreds of drowsy driving car accident cases in Clearwater, FL, and he will fight for your rights to receive the compensation that you deserve.