It always pays to be prepared, and having a car accident pack in your car may save your life or the life of someone else.
Including the following items in your car accident pack will help to ensure that you are prepared if an accident occurs whether you’re traveling in your own city or on a trip across the country:
- Emergency flares – make sure to have several so that you can place them at strategic points around your car, and a good distance away to alert other drivers.
- Blankets – regardless of the weather, these are helpful in preventing a person from going into shock after an accident.
- Heavy-duty trash bags – these provide a makeshift raincoat for anyone injured and exposed to rain.
- Adhesive bandages – all sizes
- Disposable plastic gloves – minimum of two pairs
- Fire extinguisher – make sure you have the right type of extinguisher for a car fire
We are often inclined to overlook, or postpone preparing ourselves for the worst-case scenario when traveling. It would be tragic to have to look back after an accident, and think if only I had prepared the car accident pack I have so often thought about. Take the time to think about what should be in my car accident pack. Act on it now before it’s too late.
Call Bryan Caulfield today for a free consultation to discuss injuries you or a loved one received in a Florida car accident. Our firm will ensure your rights are protected and you receive the damages you are owed.