A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.
You’ve had an accident or injury, and someone else, whether it be a business, work or person, is at fault and you need to file a personal injury claim. Your personal injury case, whether it is won or lost, is not often dependent on justice or equality. No, more often than not, your legal support and the details and proof of your case will determine the outcome. With the right personal injury lawyer, your chances of a positive outcome are significantly higher. However, the question must be pondered…
How do I find a personal Injury Lawyer?
- Word of Mouth- People love to talk about the wonderful, and the not so great, experiences they have had with lawyer services. This makes finding a great one even easier; ask your friends and family. The Internet is also a wonderful tool to find people’s reviews and referrals via ratings online, client testimonials, and even chat boards.
- Look at advertisements- As silly as it may sound, advertising is an investment into ones own business. The lawyer most likely has to be making some revenue and winning cases in order to give back into their business by way of advertising.
I’ve found someone now what?
Many lawyers offer a free consult; at this meeting you will present the material and information about your case. After analyzing it, the lawyer should be able to tell you how you can proceed and the chances of success. While you are discussing, it is important to note some details about them.
- Are you comfortable talking with this person? Sometimes sensitive topics may come up and you need to feel comfortable enough to be honest and open with them.
- Ask about how they work with insurance companies. A good personal injury lawyer should be very familiar with working with insurance companies and be able to navigate the murky waters of insurance to find what would benefit your case the most.
- Knowledgeable referrals to medical staff and testing. In court it may be important to use statements from a doctor, as well as to check your health for issues, both short and long term to better layer your case’s proof. A good injury lawyer will be able to point you in the correct places for medical help and analyzing your injury.
Court Experience. In the event that a settlement is not agreed or things just lead to court, you want someone who has had prior experience with dealings in court.