There are some types of claims for injuries resulting from car accidents that are more common than others and include:
- Soft-tissue damage
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
While a whiplash or soft-tissue injury may appear to be minor or non-existent immediately following an accident, doctors will confirm that, in some cases, these types of injuries take a few hours or even days to present themselves. This is due in part to the fact that when we are involved in a car accident, our minds and bodies are in a stress mode of high alert, and we may not even be aware that we are injured if the injuries are not visible.
It’s imperative to be checked out by medical personnel following a car accident. Doing so not only protects you from further injury, but also provides legitimate documentation that you were in an accident that could potentially cause you injury. If you have suffered an injury, it is critical for you to contact a Florida lawyer skilled in personal injury claims to protect your rights.
Important Things to Remember After Any Type of Car Accident in Florida
If you are involved in a car accident, it’s important to:
- take pictures of all vehicles involved
- obtain the names, telephone numbers, and insurance information of the other party
- note the date and time of the accident, road conditions
- obtain pertinent information concerning any possible witnesses
- Never agree to sign insurance documents until you have asked your personal injury lawyer to review the document. Remember, insurance adjusters may appear to be sympathetic and simply attempting to help you; however, they are paid to quickly settle claims for the insurance company they represent. Obtaining your signature may relieve them of any further responsibility that could cost you a large sum of money if you discover, after the fact, that you do have an injury that was not immediately obvious.
Bryan Caulfield is a highly respected car accident lawyer in Clearwater, Florida and he will fight for your rights; contact him for a free consultation today.