While there has been a steady decline in the number of deaths on the job, there are still some jobs more dangerous than the rest due to the nature of the work. Florida workers hold many hazardous positions and incur severe and catastrophic injuries while on-the-job. As Tampa’s experienced workers compensation attorney, Bryan Caulfield has handled a multitude of claims for Florida’s workers who risk their lives in these positions.
Florida’s most dangerous jobs include:
- Loggers – loggers face many dangers such as falling trees, cutting equipment and rough landscape.
- Fishermen and women – with rough seas and heavy equipment, deep-sea fishers are at a high risk of drowning.
- Pilots – this includes pilots who fly single-propellers, private planes and commercial airlines. Air disturbances, high altitude and take-off and landings can incur catastrophic and deadly injuries.
- Roofers – while repairing and replacing roofs, workers face high elevations and exorbitant Florida heat.
- Steel workers and structural iron workers – with dangerous welding equipment and high work areas, many of these workers suffer severe injuries
- Garbage and recycle collectors – hazardous substances, heavy equipment and road work make this a dangerous job.
- Electrical power line installers and repair workers – electrical hot wires and height can cause many dangers.
- Truck drivers and traveling sales workers – long hours driving can cause drowsy driving and collisions.
- Ranchers and farmers – with heavy harvest equipment and tractors, and interaction with large animals, ranchers and farmers work a dangerous job.
- Construction workers – with dangerous equipment and power tools, construction laborers face dangers daily.
Main Causes of Fatal Work Injuries in Dangerous Jobs
The highest rates of fatal injuries on the job are incurred by:
- Transportation or traffic accidents
- Violent acts by another person or animal
- An object or equipment that strikes a worker
- Slip and fall incidents
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals or substances
- Fires and explosions
Tampa Workers Compensation Attorney
If you risk your life in one of Florida’s most dangerous jobs, you need to know you have the coverage and protection you need to recover damages if you are injured. Bryan Caulfield will help you understand your rights in all workers compensation claims. You may be able to collect monies from more than one entity. Contact our office today to ensure you hold all entities liable.